How can I fundraise as part of this campaign?
Prospective participants should be talked through the various methods that can be employed to meet the $10K target:
- If you have the means and desire to so, you are welcome to fund a wish yourself.
- As a combination approach, you can make a significant gift as a portion of the $10,000 goal then reach out to your network for support to reach their goal.
- Community fundraisers are our secondary target market but equally vital to the campaign.
- As a participant, you will be provided with a lengthy list of fundraising ideas to help you make your personal campaign a success.
- We will always be available to talk to you one-on-one for any questions you may have.
How do I fit into this program?
This is a nationwide program, but the focus is on supporting women within their preferred communities.
- As a leader in your own community, we know your influence will make a difference at here at home, with the added benefit of being a vital member of a national network of like-minded women.
- You will have opportunities to connect with other Women for Wishes both at home, and across the country.
What’s in it for me /what are the program benefits?
Participants will receive / be able to take part in:
- A campaign launch experience in your city in Spring 2023.
- Receive our quarterly newsletter where we’ll share wish stories, talk about impact, and help you learn about other Women for Wishes program members just like you.
- Join us at one of our three virtual Wish Family Meet and Greet sessions during the campaign where you will hear directly from a wish child and their family about their story and the impact of a wish.
- Reconnect with Women for Wishes leaders in your community to celebration completion of the campaign in Fall 2023 and meet a wish child and family from your community to hear directly about the impact of your contribution.
- Optional personal fundraising page for you to highlight your philanthropic wish granting plans and goals. You can share this page with family, friends and your networks to inspire support towards your $10,000 personal campaign.
Do I have exclusivity over wishes that I help to grant?
We want participants to appreciate the symbolic nature of their gift rather than direct adoption of a wish.
- Your funds will help us to grant wishes in your community and region
- We are excited to be able to connect you directly with wish children and their families as part of the Women for Wishes opportunity, an experience not afforded to all.
- We will provide wish stories to you that reflect your contribution.
- We will also celebrate your contribution through several virtual events and launch and celebration events planned throughout the campaign.
Do all wishes cost $10K?
Wishes are not measured in dollar value, so much as we measure them in the value that a child gets out of a wish.
- While the average cost of a wish is around $10,000, actual costs can vary widely depending on the complexity of the wish.
- Our goal is to fulfill the child’s most heartfelt wish while remaining within our budgetary guidelines so that we can grant wishes to all eligible children.
OK, I’m in. What if I can’t get to $10,000 during the campaign?
- Your fundraising efforts are to be recognized and will be appreciated, even if you don’t make it to the $10,000 amount.
- We intend to celebrate you for various milestones and not just the $10,000 mark.
- You can look forward to recognition at the $1,000, $5,000 marks etc.
How long do I have to raise these funds?
- The program officially launches on April 1st, but you can begin fundraising now as you see fit.
- You will have until September 31st to collect funds as part of the Women for Wishes campaign.
Will donations get a tax receipt?
- All donations made online will automatically get a tax receipt via email. Cash or cheque donations of more than $20 received via mail will also be issued tax receipts if full contact information and an address are provided.
A supporter has given me a cheque or cash! Can I send this to you?
- Yes, cheques and cash can be mailed to the national office. In order for the donor to receive a tax receipt (applicable to donations over $20), in the donor’s envelope with the cheque/cash please ask the donor to fill in a donation form or pledge form.
The address to mail cheque/cash into is: Make-A-Wish Canada, 350 - 1101 Kingston Road, Pickering, ON, L1V 1B5
I see that your different regions have different numbers of participants and fundraising goals. Why?
- We wanted to make sure that each region has a program that is right-sized for your area.
- Populations are different in each area, and we have varying numbers of wish kids needing support in various communities.
- Large or small, you will always be part of our overall network of Women for Wishes!
I still have questions. Who can I talk with?
- We are with you every step of the way. Please reach out to the Chapter Director in your community for an extended conversation!