Make-A-Wish creates life-changing wishes for children living with critical illnesses, giving them the armour they need to fight their disease. Wishes are an important part of a child’s treatment journey, providing hope when they need it most, and research shows they have effects on children’s overall well-being and health outcomes.
In fact, wishes have proven physical and emotional benefits that can give children with critical illnesses a higher chance of survival. When a wish is granted, a child replaces fear with confidence, sadness with joy and anxiety with hope.
The impact of a wish is simply incredible:
- 89% of those within the medical community believe that a wish come true can impact the mental, emotional and physical health of a sick child.
- 97% percent of wish alumni report improved mental and emotional health because of their wish experience
- 79% say their wish experience marked a turning point in their treatment and recovery, and
- 71% believe the wish experience contributed to saving their lives.
- This is why we believe very strongly, that a wish is more than a nice-to-have, it’s a need-to- have. It works in collaboration with their medicine to make the child and their family grow stronger, together.
Thank you to Pure Magic Vacations for helping make wishes come true!