Looking for an individual or team participating in this event?
It's time to lace up your boots because the Trailblaze Challenge BC & Yukon is taking a new route this year! In response to the community safety concerns surround the Covid-19 pandemic, we have made the decision to turn this year's event into a Virtual Trailblaze Challenge!
WHEN: JULY 18 until SEPTEMBER 20, 2020
You can hike, run or walk a minimum of 100KM in any destination of your choice at your own pace and time. As well as being a physical challenge, you will be raising much needed funds to grant the wishes of local children facing a critical illness. With every step you take and every dollar you raise, you are paving the way for a brighter tomorrow for our wish children.
1. REGISTER as an individual or rally a team of friends and family.
2. Set a FUNDRAISING GOAL. Each hiker will be asked to raise a minimum amount of $500, in order to help Make-A-Wish continue its mission to grant the wishes of children with critical illnesses. Every participant will be provided with a personalized fundraising website upon registration.
4. TRACK your progress. Hike it, run it or do regular walks around your neighborhood - you can choose how you'd like to reach the 100KM distance. Workout anywhere and at anytime and make your steps count! Ensure you have a fitness app or device to record your activities. There are multiple options for you to use. Here are a few of our favorites: Fitbit, Strava, AllTrails, Apple Watch, and Google Fit. Make sure to plan ahead and check that the trail you wish to hike is open and be sure to follow the current public health guidelines.After each hike, run or walk you will be asked to log your KM in the online form provided when you register. We will encourage you along the way and let you know when you've reached the total 100KM!
4. SHARE updates with friends and family. Post photos, videos and stories on social media so your friends and family can see how you're working hard to help make wishes come true. Don't forget to tag @MakeAWishBCYK and use the hashtag #TrailblazeCA in all your photos!
5. CHALLENGES. Earn virtual Trailblaze Challenge badges as you achieve various milestones along the way and take part in our fun weekly challenges for your chance to win prizes.
IS THERE A FEE TO PARTICIPATE? - Each trailblazer will be asked to raise a minimum amount of $500. A $25 registration fee is requested at the time of registration and will be credited towards your overall fundraising. You are under no financial obligation to participate other than the $25 registration fee. The final day that donations will be accepted is October 18th, 2020. Top fundraiser prizes will be announced on September 25th and will be chosen based on your fundraising total by the end of the day on September 24th. *Note: All monies raised are NON REFUNDABLE. If you withdraw from the event, any funds that have come in will be considered a general donation.
We invite you to get moving and join us for this year's Virtual Trailblaze Challenge! For more information please refer to the FAQ page linked here. If you have any questions please contact Virtual MacLellan, Events & Fundraising Coordinator, at email@example.com.